Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Way We Were...

As hard as it is for me to believe, my 15 year high school reunion is Saturday...

Over the past few months, it has been the subject of much conversation amongst my friends and I...would we go? More importantly, what would we wear?!? (some things never change...)

Once we decided we would go, the next decision was whether or not we'd take our husbands with us...as Dave and I talked about it, he would often say "I'm happy to go and be there for you, but just remember I won't really know anyone..."

Over the past few days, I've come to realize that I won't really know anyone either...Sure, I will be familiar with the names and the faces, I will know the people that they were THEN, but I don't know who they are NOW...the fact is, NONE of us are the people we were then...

Since walking across the stage at the Fairgrounds, we have all taken different paths...had different experiences...

But we are all connected...by a common starting point...

I look forward to Saturday, to meeting "old friends" for the first time...

1 comment: