Friday, October 7, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

Do you ever hear your voice and think "I just don't like the way that it sounds?!?" I'm talking about more than the sound of it, though I'll be the first to admit I don't like to listen to my own voice on a voicemail, video, etc, more I'm referencing the tone, the emotion, the words...

Over the past few days, I've been listening and I've heard lots of "I don't like..."

"I don't like getting up early in the morning..."

"I don't like the way I look in these pants, this shirt..."

"I don't like the end of the day when Drew does more crying than laughing and Kate's dialogue is full of whining..."

"I don't like deciding what to have for dinner..."

"I don't like fighting the never ending battle of laundry..."

"I don't like this TV show..."

I don't like, I don't like, I don't like...

But what about those things that I do like? Perhaps I should focus more on those and in doing so, I'll turn my attitude around...

Hence, my first FAVORITE THINGS FRIDAY. In no particular order, a few of the things that make me one happy girl:


1) The sound of Kate and Drew's deep belly laugh
2) Coke from the fountain - so much better than from a can
3) Old school Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder
4) Episodes of the "original" 90210, The O.C., One Tree Hill, Friends, Dawson's Creek...
hmmm seems to be a bit of a pattern here
5) Chocolate in ANY FORM (candy, ice cream, cake)
6) A nap
7) Fresh flowers
8) A pedicure
9) The aroma of Dave's shampoo and body wash coming from the shower in the morning
10) The way Dave's eyes light up when he grins...
oh how I L-O-V-E that grin...14 years and counting and it still makes my heart beat a little faster!


All of these are within in my reach at all times...so when I catch myself heading into a negative direction, I'm going to grab one (or ALL of the above depending on the severity) and turn things around...


What are some of your favorite things?

1 comment:

  1. Legos and Books. I'm rather shallow, ha ha. Hurray for the gratitude list.

    (Why didn't my last post post)?

    ReplyDelete