Thursday, October 20, 2011

Be Still My Heart...

My day was CRAZY...

Back to back conference calls, a doctor's appointment that ran L-O-N-G (2 hours LONG), afternoon meetings, and a huge pile of work that came home with me...

It was getting the best of me...

I could hear it in my voice, feel it in my muscles, hear it in my steps (or should I say stomps?!?)

I made it through bedtime and was ready for a few minutes just for ME..and then it started...Kate calling out for us...it's a recent addition to our bedtime routine, and an unwelcome one at that...

I'm not proud to admit this, but I sighed and stomped up the stairs...

Her purpose in calling for me had been for me to turn on her radio (music is another recent addition to our bedtime routine), BUT...

As I was leaving...she quietly said "Mamma?!?" I turned around to see her sitting up in her bed, arms outstretched. MELTED MY HEART.

I pulled her into me and she wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered "I love you, Momma"

And with that, I was reminded...of ALL that matters...

My children want to know that they are loved...that they matter...

My children want me to know that I am loved...that I matter...

The rest of it (the "busy-ness" of work, the laundry, the chores, the frantic pace of life) just doesn't compute.

And once again, my children have been the teachers and I...their student...

2 comments:

  1. What a nice night-cap. I'm glad you were able to end the day on a positive note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful :) Makes me ALMOST want kids some day. Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete