Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Word...

I must confess, I am a stalker, I am a stalker of other blogs...it started innocently enough, reading the blog of several people that I in fact do KNOW and more than that people that I LOVE.

After savoring their thoughts and feelings, my gaze would drift to their "blog roll" - the list of blogs that they read and I would randomly click on one (ok...you caught me...ALL of them) and read...feeling instantly as though I, too, knew these writers...their lives, their families...

And here's the thing...it is through my stalking that I have found some of my greatest inspirations...moments that have created a stirring in my heart...

To that end, I had one of those moments today...I stumbled across a project called "One Little Word." The idea? To pick one word for the year to focus on, mediate on, reflect upon as you go about your daily life.

Words have power...words can build you up, words can tear you down, words can inspire you...

A new year is upon us...a fresh start, 365 days of possibilities....

In thinking about the things I want to do, the things I want to be in 2012, it hit me that they can all be summed up in one word...


ENOUGH


My goal for 2012...to believe that I alone am ENOUGH...for all my strengths, for all my weaknesses, for all that I bring to the table, and for all that I take from others, I am ENOUGH...I am ENOUGH to be loved by others, but more importantly by myself...


To believe wholeheartedly that I do not need to do MORE, or be MORE, but just be ME...because in doing so, I am more than ENOUGH...for Kate, for Drew, for my friends, for my family...


Certainly it never hurts to hear these things from others, but this year...I'm going to take it one step further, I'm going to try to "buy what they're selling" - I'm going to see the good in me as much as I see the good in others...


And if I had to guess, I'd venture to say that this belief...it's going to bring some unexpected blessing my way this year...



No comments:

Post a Comment