Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Boy And His Dog...






Last year for Valentine's Day, I purchased a blue corduroy puppy for Drew...someTHING cute and cuddly for my someONE cute and cuddly...Little did I know what would come next...







On Valentine's Day, I handed Drew his puppy, he smiled his grin...that grin that takes over his ENTIRE face and there was no looking back. My boy...he was IN LOVE.






At first "blue puppy" (so aptly named by Kate) was necessary only for sleeping...



NOW, "DOGGIE!" (as so aptly named by Drew and said with much enthusiasm) is necessary for EVERYTHING...



From the moment that Drew's eyes pop open and he starts his day with some high spirited jumping in his crib, to the moment that he lays down and fights the battle against sleep, DOGGIE! is in his arms...DOGGIE! joins us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and if often offered food and drink), DOGGIE! goes to daycare, DOGGIE! goes on all our errands, when life gets a little out of sorts, DOGGIE! is who Drew turns to, he brings him to his nose (don't ask...I have no idea why), and all is right again...




MELTS.MY.HEART




(And let me just say, DOGGIE! has on occasion been left in our bed and I, too, have cuddled with him, inhaling the sweet smell of my baby boy and the memories of his childhood...I have a feeling, when Drew's "too old", he will become mine and a reminder of days gone (too quickly) by)



No comments:

Post a Comment